Wrinkles are creases, folds, or ridges in your smooth skin. They normally appear as people get older, it’s a natural part of aging. We all know that wrinkles are very common sign of aging and although they do not harm your health and life, you will still strive to reduce them or even want them to disappear, because we all want to look as young as we feel.
A survey done by a beauty and health retailer shows that women start to worry about fine lines on average at the tender age of 29, with wrinkles and sagging as the top two concerns.
Causes of Wrinkle and Fine Lines?
As we mentioned, wrinkles and fine lines are a natural part of the aging process. As you get older, your body naturally slows down its collagen production, your skin gets thinner, drier, and less elasticity, and its ability to protect itself from damage will also reduce. This leads to wrinkles, creases, and fine lines on your skin.
Of course there are also other factors that caused wrinkles, such as:
- Sun exposure: Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light is the main culprit that causes lines other than normal aging process because it breaks down collagen and elastin which building blocks that give our skin firmness and structure.
- Unhealthy lifestyle: Smoking, drinking, and unhealthy eating habits can accelerate the development of wrinkles and also a big factor in deepening these fine lines. Besides, stress is also another factor that increase fine lines.
- Facial expressions: Naturally move our faces to laugh, talk, cry, eat, smile, frown, squinting and others movements repeatedly can lead to fine lines and wrinkles at a younger age.
- Skin type: People with dry complexions get more creases faster than people with oily skin because oily skin wards off wrinkles better than dry skin because the oils keep skin moisturized and smoother. Besides, darker skin people typically have less creases than fair skin people because people who have darker skin have more pigment in their skin.
Type of Wrinkles:
1. Atrophic Crinkling Rhytids
This type of creases are those little parallel lines that disappear when you stretch your skin tight. These wrinkles can appear on your face or anywhere and any part on your skin. This type of fine lines occur because the loss of collagen and elasticity that are mostly caused by sun exposure. Expose to Ultraviolet lights will unleashes free radicals in our skin that could damage our skin’s collagen and elastin.
2. Dynamic Expression Lines
These fine lines are usually show up around your eyes, forehead and mouth areas. As you can see from this wrinkles name, you will know what caused this lines appear. You will have these lines from repeated facial expressions and movements that cause creases in the skin that become more permanent on your face, it is normally not related to your age. These fine lines are like a collection of little moments from every time you squint when look at the sky, laughed at a joke that shared by your friends, or frowned when you feel stress, depress or something bad happened.
3. Gravitational Folds
These are those wrinkles that occur naturally align with your age as your skin loses structure and starts to sag and fold. As a human being gets older, our skin will starts to lose some elastin and collagen which cause your face wrinkling and sagging. Some studies found that these wrinkles and fine lines are more obvious on a lean face with thinner skin. Meanwhile, people with a plumper face with thicker skin will show less of these types of folds.
4. Permanent Elastic Creases
These type of fine lines are usually show up on your upper lip, cheeks and the base of our necks. These crease lines will end up becoming permanent wrinkles as we get older which is inevitable. What causes this? It’s unhealthy habit. For example: Smoking! Smoking is a major factor in that causing and deepening these creases lines, because whenever you smoke, you expose the surface of your skin to all kinds of unhealthy chemicals and carcinogens. Besides, serious sun exposure will also worsen these lines.
Do you have any of the creases as mentioned above?
Don’t worry if you have wrinkles or fine lines on your face, because Skin Boosters and Fillers will be able to improve these conditions. But how can skin boosters or fillers actually improve this condition on your face? You can refer to this article: Click Here